Leiden Pride health & safety hazard policy
Last updated 2020-09-02
Leiden Pride is committed to your health, safety, and well-being. Our goal to create queer spaces for everyone includes providing our community with a safe space, free of health and safety hazards. Participants are expected to conduct event or initiative activities in a manner protective of themselves and others, as well as of the environment they are using. We kindly ask you to help us maintain the spaces we are using by applying good housekeeping practices in a timely manner. We do not tolerate behaviour that promotes or leads to health or safety hazards of event or initiative participants in any form. Individuals violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled without a refund at the discretion of the event or initiative organisers.
Participants are encouraged to inform the Leiden Pride team of any potential health or safety hazards. In the event of an injury, please approach one of our representatives. In the event of unsafe conditions which cannot be corrected by the team, a Leiden Pride representative or collaborator may choose to shut down the event or initiative.
Health and safety hazards include, but are not limited to:
- Damaging of spaces or materials.
- Slip hazards (e.g. wet floor, oil, grease, dust, plastic bags).
- Trip hazards (e.g. uneven surfaces, rug edges, unsecured cables or other equipment).
- Crowd management hazards (e.g. inability to safely accommodate participants due to overcrowding).
- Insufficient access to emergency exits or other infrastructural hazards.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
In case of serious injury or health related emergency, please contact 112 immediately.